Women’s health is at the pinnacle of a society’s advancement. When we can take care of women and their health needs, we advance the world.
As a club, we are focused on strengthening medical students and the local community on issues regarding women’s health. As a taboo topic, women, especially those who are younger, may forego care that is crucial to their quality of life. In this club, we aim to educate ourselves as endeavoring physicians on the importance of women’s health subjects such as pap smears, sexual health (STI prevention, contraception), pregnancy, bone health (DXA, supplements), cancers of the breast and endometrium, and a myriad of other concerns.
Events we hope to hold include:
- LECOM-SH group at March of Dimes in Pittsburgh
- Forum on the day-to-day life of an OB/GYN —> from the clinic to the labor unit to the OR
- Opportunities to shadow in OB/GYN
- Menstruation product drive for Pittsburgh-area shelters
- Lectures on approaching sexual health
OB/GYN Chair: Mikayla Dove
Faculty Advisors: Dr. Thomas and Dr. Temofonte