Sigma Sigma Phi Gamma Chapter at LECOM Seton Hill is a branch of the national Sigma Sigma Phi honorary service fraternity.
The goals of Sigma Sigma Phi as a national organization are:
- To further the Science of Osteopathic Medicine and its standards of practice
- To improve the scholastic standing and promote a higher degree of fellowship among its students
- To bring about a closer relationship and understanding between the student bodies and the officials and members of the faculties of our colleges
- To foster allegiance to the American Osteopathic Association and to perpetuate these principles and the teachings through the maintenance and development of this organization.
As for our local chapter at LECOM-Seton Hill, our main focus is to extend a helping hand to communities in western Pennsylvania through our service activities. In the past, activities included an annual Red Cross Blood Drive, volunteering with the Westmoreland Food Bank, and helping with the Blackburn Center’s Walk a Mile In Her Shoes event to increase awareness about domestic violence and its prevention. We have also partnered with local nursing homes to supply their residents with holiday letters from our students, as well as completing various fundraisers for the Angel Arms Neonatal Abstinence organization in Latrobe, PA.
Membership requirements for Sigma Sigma Phi include:
- Maintaining at least a 3.0 overall GPA
- Completing 12 hours of community service per semester
- One-time national membership fee of $65
Caleb Hogge | President
Khaled Abdel Aziz | Vice President
Shmyle Ghuman | Treasurer
Allyson Distler | Secretary
Joseph Donoghue | Historian